Historic Essex on Lake Champlain has welcomed a number of new businesses, rebounding positively from record high water this spring. In fact, the community is not just ready to welcome visitors for the summer – it is veritably BUZZING with activity. via (Lake Placid, NY)
The good folks at Adirondack regional tourism revisited their Essex story now that summer in Essex is in full swing. In the weeks in between the new businesses, the buzzing activity and enthusiasm has ripened into nothing short of an Essex renaissance. I’ve heard this reference at least a half dozen times this weekend alone! There’s a zeitgeist, a collective optimism and vision of community revitalization that has buoyed our community ever since we triumphed over Lake Champlain’s flood waters.
Welcome one and all to Essex on Lake Champlain, our fair hamlet buzzing with activity. And thank you to the countless energies who are making this dream come true. Thank you to the business owners who’ve invested their treasure, time and dreams in the future of Essex. Thank you to the hard working employees hustle and smile and create the magical lifestyle that beguiles residents and visitors alike. Thank you to everyone who has enjoyed, encouraged and shared the bounty of gifts on offer in Essex. And thank you to all who have celebrated and broadcast the exciting story of an Essex renaissance.
Here’s to a spectacular August!
- How would you describe Essex, NY? (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Summer arrives in Essex on Lake Champlain (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Essex Inn on the Adirondack Coast (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Adirondack Art Association (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Live Well in the Champlain Valley (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Essex Shipyard and Rudder Club (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Essex Marina (essexonlakechamplain.com)